The North East Scotland Food & Drink Awards are delivered to you in partnership by Opportunity North East (ONE) and Aberdeenshire Council and managed directly by Lux Events Ltd.
Who are we?
In this policy, ‘we’ ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to the partnership between ONE and Aberdeenshire Council and the North East Scotland Food & Drink Awards are referred to as the “Awards”
What data do we collect?
We collect personal and business information to effectively facilitate your involvement with the Awards. Information can include first name; surname; email address; telephone number; company address and location; company information (including but not limited to company size, turnover, number of employees; business trends; ownership structure and location; business support , funding information and product development); projects or initiatives which may include data that, particularly in the case of very small datasets, could reveal Personal Data though as far as is reasonably practical, anonymised data would be encouraged.
We would like to use your details to keep in touch with you about the Awards by email if you have consented to receive such information in this way.
Research and Evaluation
We sometimes conduct research, analysis and evaluation post event on the information we hold though in most cases this data is anoynomised. The data is retained for 14 months until securely destroyed.
People chosen to participate on the Judging panel for the Awards are volunteers selected for their industry expertise and we value their time and dedication that they provide over the course of the judging period.
All judges are subject to a duty of confidence and are fully briefed on their data privacy responsibilities including processing personal data only on the written instruction of ONE. All information shared will be securely deleted no later than 1 month after the conclusion of the Awards ceremony and appropriate security measures are in place to ensure against improper use, disclosure or loss.
We use the personal data you provide us to fulfil our contract with you and keep you informed about important information relating to your involvement with the Awards.
Film and Photography
Filming and photography takes place before, during and after the Awards for promotional, communications and marketing purposes. The material may also be published on our website, social media and other digital platforms.
It’s in the legitimate interest to both the applicants and us, to do so. On occasion you may be asked for your consent If, for example the materials are for case studies where further contextual/sensitive information may be disclosed. If you do not wish to participant in any of the afore mentioned activities, please make us aware of your preferences at email@example.com giving adequate notice. We retain promotional material for 3 years post current Award year before securely destroying.
When you use a social media platform such as Twitter, FaceBook etc. to engage with the Awards, details about how your personal information is held and processed is described within their respective social media policies.
While we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access will never occur, we can assure you that we take great care in maintaining and securing your personal data to prevent any such activities from arising through deployment of appropriate technology, robust service level agreements with third party processors and internal procedures.
Under the GDPR and DPA 2018, you have a number if rights regarding the processing of your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request” or SAR). This right enables you to request a copy of your personal data we hold about you and to check that that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request rectification of your personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold to be corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to deliver or remove personal data where there is no good reason to continue processing it.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party).
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party of which we will provide to you in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
To notify us of any of the above or to discuss any questions you have about this policy or how we use your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the:
Opportunity North East
11 Queens Gardens